Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Question Five: Relationships with Alderman

5. Do you have agreements with any current aldermen or candidates for alderman regarding certain ways to vote on items if you get elected, if so who? Have you met with current aldermen or candidates for alderman to discuss the issues facing our city, if so who?

Dennis Patton's Reply
I have talked personally with each Alderman and all of the Candidates for Office, including my two mayoral opponents. I have known many of them for a long time. I admire the incumbent’s dedication to Columbia and the time they have dedicated to our City. I believe those running in the April 7 election are doing so for the right reason, to serve our City. I believe it is time for a change at the top and that I offer the education, training and experience that are needed to bring everyone together and once again pursue a common goal- a Columbia First Attitude. I believe the Mayor should put his personal agenda’s aside and try to lead the council toward common ground. This can only be done by remaining neutral on issues until all public input is heard and the diverse opinions of the Council are digested


Kevin Hutchinson's Reply
I have no deals or pre-meetings with Alderman. I deal with issues in public meetings. I listen to the Alderman's thoughts, ideas and opinions. I weigh the facts and issues and that is how I base my votes. Keep in mind my vote only count to make or break a tie.



Harold McCarty's Reply
I have made no agreements with any aldermen or candidates for alderman regarding how to vote on any issues. I have spoken with many of the aldermen and candidates for alderman about many of the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment