Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Question Eight: Time to be Mayor?

8. Obviously Dennis Patton is retired; Mayor Hutchinson and candidate McCarty have obligations to their regular jobs. How many hours will you be able to devote to the city on a weekly basis if you become mayor?

Dennis Patton's Reply
If elected mayor that responsibility will be my only job. Anyone who knows me understands that I will put more than adequate time into the position. As principal I regularly put in 60 hour weeks, and I expect a similar time commitment as Mayor. An old Irish Blessing that sums up why I want to be Mayor-
“We are all on this earth together, fight not on your own behalf, but for the sake of others.”



Kevin Hutchinson's Reply
I am fortunate to have great support staff at CJ Thomas Company. I own my own agency. I devote as much time to the City as needed to get the job done. Over the past 4 years some weeks are as light as 20 hours, other weeks are 40 or more hours. I do what it takes. Plus I have a very understanding Wife and Family.


Harold McCarty's Reply
I own my own business, I have two men who work for me who can fill in whenever needed. I can be at City Hall within 5 minutes when need be. I plan on being at City Hall every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment