Thursday, June 18, 2009

Updates

I apologize for not keeping as up to date as I would like to but work was busy for a couple weeks there and hopefully I can catch up here and stay current for a while.

Videos should be added this weekend regarding the Programmatic Agreement disscussion that have taken place at the past two council meetings.

I will be moving my video hosting services over to youtube as I have found the vimeo.com service to be causing an issue for a few users. Videos will now be broken down into less than 10 minutes a piece to meet youtubes requirements but I can make the files larger in actual file size.

Vimeo lets videos be as long in time as you wamt but they limit you to 500mb a week in uploads. I liked that the videos could be longer but I cannot stay under this upload limit each week. Youtube only lets videos be 10 minutes in length but the file size can be 1gb each. Shorter videos but better quality and no weekly limit on file sizes.

Just thought I would let everyone know the reason behind the switch but in reality it wont matter as I will still embed the videos into the blog as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment