Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mixed Use Development District

This item has been discussed twice very briefly at the last two committee meetings. Apparently when it was last voted on and not approved it was because there was a push to have the TIF financing information / restrictions included into the ordinance.

Jim Agne said last week that the MDD and the TIF documents cannot be together in an ordinance. Financing requirements must be separate from the MDD requirements.

I requested and was given copy of the MDD yesterday via email. I have attached links to the five MDD documents below. I will follow up and request the TIF info as well, since it was inferred that these documents will act together for any developer who approaches the city.

MDD
MDD Appendix A - Use Matrix
MDD Appendix C - Landscape Requirements
MDD Appendix D - Signage Requirements
MDD Appendix E- Schedule of Parking Space Requirements

I have to feel that the city has been contacted by at least one developer if not more over the last year. Otherwise the city would not be working on passing this ordinance or have worked on the Programmatic Agreement again last year.

I have read through the MDD, while I saw a few items that I scratched my head on I would have to say the document took some time to put together and seems fairly straightforward, I think the Planning Commission formulated the MDD and I would think it a bit troubling if the city simply never enacted the document without explaining to those people why or what would need to be changed to make it acceptable or give them a reason why it cannot be enacted after all of the time and effort went into its preparation at the request of the council.

No comments:

Post a Comment