Monday, February 27, 2012

Tonight on the Councils Committee agenda is an item of interest under Committee of the Whole.

7:00pm - Development Potential Discussion concerning the I-255 Development District. (American Bottom)

I was offered the following explanation from my alderman when I asked, "Is there any information regarding proposed developments in the "American Bottoms"?"

"No. This is the first meeting to explore the possibilities of a possible development area along 255 at fish lake. The land owners and all parties with interest were invited to review the past history and timeline of past events. I have a timeline that began in the 1970's for that area that was prepared for the aldermen. Would you like me to make you a copy of it? That is all the info we have for tonight. Let me know and I will get you the copies made before the meeting."


That time line will be posted here when I get a copy. This sounds like the landowners who were expecting Grewe to purchase their land are looking to see if Columbia is going to do something. I know I have heard grumblings in the past of if Columbia doesn't do something the land owners might see if they can get another community to.

No comments:

Post a Comment